A Mighty Girl is the world’s largest collection of books, toys, movies, and music for parents, teachers, and others dedicated to raising smart, confident, and courageous girls and, of course, for girls themselves!
2019 Fall Retreat Media Kits
These kits include handouts, PowerPoint slides you can use in worship and announcements, and images to use in your social media.
2019 Fall Retreat Speaker Kelli Worrall
Kelli Worrall, author, speaker, and Professor of Communications at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, is our speaker at the Women Ministries of the Great Lakes Conference Annual Fall Retreat, 2019, Portage Lake. She studied Communications and Spiritual Formation, and is passionate about helping other people understand how the experiences of their past have formed them, how to process those things well in the present, and how to communicate effectively about them in their relationships.
- Kelli’s Blog: This Odd House – Here you will find weekly stories and articles about life and family and faith.
- Pierced & Embraced: 7 Life-Changing Encounters with the Love of Christ
- 20 Things We’d Tell Our Twentysomething Selves (with Peter Worrall)
- Bible Study and information page for 20 Things We’d Tell our Twentysomething Selves
- The Moody Handbook of Preaching (contributor)
2018 Fall Retreat Speaker Sharon Garlough Brown
Sharon Garlough Brown (MDiv, Princeton Theological Seminary) is author of the Sensible Shoes series, a spiritual director , and co-founder of Abiding Way Ministries, which provides spiritual formation retreats and resources. Since graduating from seminary, Sharon and her husband, Jack, have served on the pastoral staff of churches in Scotland, Oklahoma, England, and Michigan. They currently live in West Michigan and have one son, David.
- Shades of Light: A Novel (Shades of Light Set) (Available August 2019)
- Sensible Shoes: An Extra Mile / Barefoot / Two Steps Forward / Sensible Shoes Boxed Set
- An Extra Mile: A Story of Embracing God’s Call (Sensible Shoes)
- Barefoot: A Story of Surrendering to God (Sensible Shoes)
- Two Steps Forward: A Story of Persevering in Hope (Sensible Shoes)
- Sensible Shoes: A Story about the Spiritual Journey
- Sensible Shoes Study Guide
2018 Fall Retreat Worship Leaders B. Isaac Heath & Julie Heath (Portage Lake)
Julie and Isaac Heath have been married for just over 13 years and have been making music together for longer than that. They met in Myrtle Beach, SC, where they taught teenagers how to come to God through music and art. Their love for God, music, and art drives their passion for leading worship and helping others lay aside their daily worries to chase after God’s face. Julie and Isaac have recently released an album of re-imagined hymns which they hope will help people see past the nostalgia that often accompanies hymnody, and revisit in a fresh new way the poetry and theology found in the hymnbook. Isaac currently serves as the worship leader at Faith Covenant Church in Westerville, Ohio.
- The Aldersgate Project – This collection of re-imagined hymns strips away the nostalgia of our pasts, and allows us to focus on the lyrical content in a new and fresh way.