2017 Fall Retreats
The 2017 Women Ministries retreats are now history. We all had a great time!
At Portage Lake Bible Camp, it was in the 90’s! Imagine! Portage Lake doesn’t normally get 90s, even in the summer! So we had many women taking advantage of the water on Saturday afternoon. Twenty-five women braved the early morning for our first ever 5K Fun Run for Lycee Vanette School for Girls in Congo. Our worship team from LifeChurch-Canton rocked! Our speaker, Meagan Gillan, shared the messages of “Anchored in Hope”, “Anchored for Safe Harbor”, “Anchored in the Storm” and “Anchored to Go Fishing”. Our breakout sessions covered topics of depression, BLESS, Praying for Our Children, and an update on Congo from the Women Ministries perspective.
Fast forward a week to Mission Meadows Women Ministries retreat where the temperatures were a bracing 50 degrees cooler. Those of us who attended both camps found this to be a bit shocking to the system! However, the messages of Rev. Kanyere Eaton were warm and inviting…to come closer to Jesus to take advantage of all he has to offer us. Kelsey Kotash of Grace Covenant Church in Clay NY led our worship times. Our breakout sessions covered topics of MIssional Moms, depression, BLESS, and an update on Congo from the Women Ministries perspective.
Events such as these do not just happen. I would like to thank the planning team members who gave so much of themselves in order that the retreats would be a place where you might encounter God in a different way. They are:
- Bette Wagenmaker (chair)
- Bobbie Jo Misch (treasurer)
- Tammie George (worship)
- Beth Piccard (Portage Lake Camp)
- Judi Edgerton (Mission Meadows Camp)
- Kristine Dreyer (Portage Lake ‘cheerleader’)
- Lisa Landin (Mission Meadows ‘cheerleader’)
- Pam Pangborn (spiritual director)
- Kristine Brown (Portage Lake – host church rep)
- Amy Derby (Portage Lake – host church rep)
- Sarah Giordan (Mission Meadows – host church rep)
- Evangelical Covenant Church – Whitehall (Portage Lake host church)
- Mission Covenant Church – Sugar Grove (Mission Meadows host church)
If you weren’t able to come this year, we missed you. Put next year’s retreat on your schedule where our guest speaker will be Sharon Garlough Brown, author of the Sensible Shoes series.
- Mission Meadows – Sept 14-16
- Portage Lake – Sept 21-23
Chair, Women Ministries of the Great Lakes Conference